Within the top 3,000 global consumer products manufacturers, millions of order management transactions are still manual… more than 50% of these transactions are still with e-mail, spreadsheets and paper.
Complex processes and diverse data, systems and stakeholders all combine to make order management a challenge, where exceptions are the rule and unstructured data abounds. That’s why 80% of your resources typically go to 20% of your problems.
But now artificial intelligence tools and platforms can connect front and back offices to do things like:
- Connect disjointed data formats and unstructured data
- Link data and insights across business functions
- Accelerate and correct slow, error-prone processes
- Reduce hidden operations & finance costs (DSO)
- Improve OTIF performance
- Identify and address customer dis-satisfaction / retention